Course Outcomes for CSC 379 - Ethics in Computing
- describe the range of ethical issues raised by computing;
- identify ethical concepts that should guide computer professionals;
- explain the legal protections for intellectual property, and the ethical principals undergirding them;
- explain the privacy concerns raised by access to personal data, and how to protect against breaches;
- describe the safety risks associated with computerized systems, and the design principles used to minimize the risks;
- explain the many relationships with an ethical dimension that must be established and maintained: client/professional; employer/employee; colleague/colleagues; professional/society; teacher/student.
See Course Listings