CSC 472 - Cybersecurity ProjectsCatalog Description:
Application of cybersecurity principles and basic computer science to solve a cybersecurity problem. Project with comprehensive written and oral project report is required. Enrollment is open to CSC majors only.
- Lecture: 3 hours
Coordinator: Dr. Sarah Heckman
Upon successful completion of this course, a student will be able to…
- Participate in professional practices related to cybersecurity, specifically:
- Negotiate, clarify, and document security requirements.
- Design a secure system.
- Identify vulnerabilities using threat modeling.
- Apply secure practices and principles to solve a cybersecurity problem.
- Apply verification and validation techniques to demonstrate a secure solution.
- Plan and monitor the progress of a project to ensure on time delivery of a high-quality solution.
- Communicate effectively about cybersecurity-related topics, specifically:
- Deliver an audience-sensitive oral technical presentation.
- Write an audience-sensitive technical document.
- Contribute to secure system development on a team to achieve technical and professional goals.
- Team Formation & Development
- Secure Development Processes
- Project Management
- Sponsor & Team Meetings
- Writing & Speaking
- Consultations on Databases Available on a per Team Basis
See Course Listings