Course Outcomes for CSC 111 - Introduction to Computing - Python
- apply computational thinking and problem-solving techniques to problems in civil, construction, and environmental engineering (without reference to any programming language), specifically:
- pattern recognition;
- pattern generalization and abstraction; and
- algorithm design.
- demonstrate the ability to represent data and information relevant to engineering problems using core Python data structures.
- Identify and implement fundamental algorithmic control structures such as...
- conditional branching and execution;
- definite and indefinite repetition;
- subroutine/function definition and execution; and
- identify and debug common errors in Python source code.
- design and implement simple interactive programs in Python.
- design and implement programs that use file-based persistent data storage.
- design and implement programs that perform basic analysis and data visualization to support engineering decision-making.
See Course Listings