CSC 342 - Applied Web-based Client-Server ComputingCatalog Description:
This course explores client-server computing on the World Wide Web. The course focuses on the architecture of web-based client-server applications and accepted industry practices. Students work in teams to develop web applications with dynamic content delivery.
- Lecture: 3 hours
Coordinator: Dr. Ignacio Dominguez
- Describe the history of web technologies.
- Apply fundamental web-based client-server architecture concepts.
- Use frameworks, REST APIs, and websockets.
- Write server-side programs to deliver dynamic content for web pages.
- Create secure and scalable web applications.
- Investigate and describe emerging architectures and technologies for web-based client-server applications.
- REST and Forms
- History; JS + DOM
- Backend concepts
- Authenication, Sessions
- Animation + Visualization
- Configuring and operating a web server
- Advanced web architectures
See Course Listings