CSC 402 - Networking LabCatalog Description:
Through a series of hands-on networking labs, students will gain experience in practical topics such as network configuration, troubleshooting, and static and dynamic routing. The course prepares students sufficiently for an industry certification.
- Lecture: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Provide the students with practical, hands-on and detailed experience on standards and products in the network space
- Provide the students with an opportunity to develop troubleshooting skills in the network space.
- Provide the students with an opportunity to develop (LAN, subnet and network virtualization) design skills.
- Prepare the students at a level sufficient for obtaining an industry certification like CCENT/CCNA. You'll have to study additional topics not covered in the lectures on your own.
- IP addressing/subnetting
- Switch/Router architecture
- LAN/VLAN basics
- LAN/VLAN design
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Network Virtualization
See Course Listings