CSC 492 - Senior Design ProjectCatalog Description:
Application of software engineering principles and basic computer science to the total development of a software system. Consideration of the software system design process, including requirements and design detail. Development and evaluation of a prototype accomplished through design team activity. Comprehensive written and oral project report is required. Open to CSC majors. Restricted to students with 6 hours of Computer Science Restricted Elective.
- Lecture: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
Restrictions: 6 hours of Computer Science Restricted Elective
Coordinator: Ms. Margaret Heil
Textbook: Senior Design Center Course Pack
The outcomes associated with these objective are that, upon completion of CSC 492, students should be able to:
- Participate in professional practices related to software engineering; specifically:
- Negotiate, clarify, and document customer requirements.
- Apply knowledge of fundamental algorithms, programming language concepts, and design patterns to determine an overall design for a software system.
- Implement a fully specified system.
- Test a fully specified system.
- Plan and monitor the progress of software projects to ensure on time delivery of a high-quality system.
- Communicate effectively about computer science-related topics; specifically:
- Deliver an audience-sensitive oral technical presentation.
- Write an audience-sensitive technical document.
- Contribute to software-based system development teams toward the achievement of technical goals.
Team Formation & Development
See Course Listings