Seminars & Colloquia
Colloquia in this series are a forum for visiting researchers from academia and industry as well as for NCSU faculty. The research topics introduced by the speakers may span all areas of computer science. In addition, we also co-host the talks in the complementary Leaders In Computer Science Speaker Series, Triangle Computer Science Distinguished Lecturer Series, the Database Musings Seminar Series, the Systems Research Seminar Series, the Future of Games Series, and selected topics from the Bioinformatics Seminar Series.
Faculty, students, and off-campus visitors are invited to attend any colloquia listed on these pages.
To see your Seminar Attendance Dashboard, click here
For a seminar attendance form required for MS/MCS students to fulfill their degree requirements, click here.
Colloquia may be held either on the Historical NCSU Campus or on the NCSU Centennial Campus. For abstract and specifics about the time and the place of any talk, please see the current list of scheduled seminars.
For additional information about the colloquia in this series, please see
- To see documentation for seminar checkin proctors, click here
- Submit/schedule a colloquia seminar here (requires University Unity login)
- Complete list of Triangle Computer Science Distinguished Lecturers since 1995
- Schedules and abstracts of talks from previous years, including some PowerPoint slides and RealVideo archives
- Information about parking (for off-campus visitors only)
- Checklists for faculty hosts of scheduled seminars
- Information for faculty hosts and potential speakers
- Semester break and holiday periods, etc.
Other Seminars and Calendars
- CSC Web Calendar
- Bioinformatics Seminar Series
- ECE Seminars
- Mathematics Seminar Series
- Operations Research Seminar Series
- Theory Seminar Series
- Fidelity Investments "Leadership in Technology" Executive Speakers Series
Questions and suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan 21, 20: The Art of Storytelling in Apps
- Jan 28, 20: What Can We Learn About Innovation From the Theories That Drive Artificial Intelligence?
- Feb 03, 20: TBA
- Feb 10, 20: TBA
- Feb 27, 20: Enterprise 2025 – AI, Ethics, and the Future of Work
- Mar 02, 20: TBA
- Apr 09, 20: Technology Transfer: A Software Security Case Study
- Apr 13, 20: Putting Ethical AI to the Vote