Seminars & Colloquia
Colloquia in this series are a forum for visiting researchers from academia and industry as well as for NCSU faculty. The research topics introduced by the speakers may span all areas of computer science. In addition, we also co-host the talks in the complementary Leaders In Computer Science Speaker Series, Triangle Computer Science Distinguished Lecturer Series, the Database Musings Seminar Series, the Systems Research Seminar Series, the Future of Games Series, and selected topics from the Bioinformatics Seminar Series.
Faculty, students, and off-campus visitors are invited to attend any colloquia listed on these pages.
For a seminar attendance form required for MS/MCS students to fulfill their degree requirements, click here.
Colloquia may be held either on the Historical NCSU Campus or on the NCSU Centennial Campus. For abstract and specifics about the time and the place of any talk, please see the current list of scheduled seminars.
For additional information about the colloquia in this series, please see
- Submit/schedule a colloquia seminar here (requires University Unity login)
- Complete list of Triangle Computer Science Distinguished Lecturers since 1995
- Schedules and abstracts of talks from previous years, including some PowerPoint slides and RealVideo archives
- Information about parking (for off-campus visitors only)
- Checklists for faculty hosts of scheduled seminars
- Information for faculty hosts and potential speakers
- Semester break and holiday periods, etc.
Other Seminars and Calendars
- CSC Web Calendar
- Bioinformatics Seminar Series
- ECE Seminars
- Mathematics Seminar Series
- Operations Research Seminar Series
- Theory Seminar Series
- Fidelity Investments "Leadership in Technology" Executive Speakers Series
Questions and suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb 18, 19: Low-Latency Reliable Internet Transport using Structured Overlay Networks
- Feb 20, 19: Supporting Comprehension of Rapidly Evolving Software
- Feb 21, 19: Approximation Algorithms and Optimization Tools for Graph Clustering
- Feb 28, 19: Innovating Inside Large Organizations: Lessons from a Trouble Maker
- Mar 04, 19: Schema Mappings and Data Examples: An Interplay between Syntax and Semantics
- Mar 26, 19: Technology Has No Moral Compass
- Apr 02, 19: TBA
- Apr 22, 19: TBA