Xipeng Shen joined North Carolina State University in August 2014 as a Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Program cluster hire in Data-Driven Science. He is a receipt of the DOE Early Career Award, NSF CAREER Award, Google Faculty Research Award, and IBM CAS Faculty Fellow Award. He is an ACM Distinguished Member, ACM Distinguished Speaker, and a senior member of IEEE. He was honored with University Faculty Scholars Award "as an emerging academic leader who turns research into solutions to society’s most pressing issues".
Prior to joining NC State, Shen was the Adina Allen Term Distinguished Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department at The College of William and Mary. He was a Visiting Researcher at M.I.T., Microsoft Research, and Intel Labs between 2012 and 2013, and an assistant professor at The College of William and Mary from 2006 to 2012. His research in data locality for exascale computing won the prestigious Early Career Research Award from the U.S. Department of Energy in 2011. His research in input-centric program dynamic optimizations won the CAREER Award from the US National Science Foundation in 2010. He is a receipt of Google Faculty Research Award. For the high impact of his research, he has been appointed an IBM Canada CAS Research Faculty Fellow since 2010. He is currently an ACM Distinguished Speaker, and a senior member of IEEE. Dr. Shen received his Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science from University of Rochester, his M.S. in Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems from Chinese Academy of Sciences, and his B.E. in Industrial Engineering from North China University of Technology.
- Architecture and Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Cloud Computing
- Data Sciences and Analytics
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Scientific and High Performance Computing
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
- ACM Distinguished Member - 2018
- University Faculty Scholar - 2017-18
- ACM Distinguished Speaker - 2016-2019
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Senior Member - 2016
- IBM Canada CAS Faculty Research Fellow - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Google Faculty Research Award - 2015
- Adina Allen Term Distinguished Associate Professor 2012
- DOE (Department of Energy) Early CAREER Award - 2011
- Nominee of Virginia Outstanding Professor Award - 2011
- NSF (National Science Foundation) CAREER Award - 2010
- ACM PPoPP Best Paper Award 2010
Please see https://research.csc.ncsu.edu/picture/publications/index.html.