A former research chair at NASA, Prof. Menzies earned his Ph.D. from UNSW (Australia), 1995.
Prof. Menzies researches SE, data mining, AI optimization, and search-based SE, and better methods for open access science.
Over his career, he has won over $7M in grants; supervised 7+23 Ph.D.+masters students; and written 230+ referred papers (making him a top-100 most cited researcher out of 80,000+ authors (in SE, 2004 to 2014).
He teach software engineering (in the spring) and automated software engineering (in the fall).
At the time of this writing (Jan'15) he serves on
- program committess for leading international conferences (Icse'16, Ase'15, Fse'15, Icpc'15, Msr'15, Ease'15, NasBase'15, Raise'15, BigDSE'15).
- editorial board of leading journals (IEEE Trans on SE and Automated SE and and Empirical SE)
He also has appointments as co-general-chair of ICSME'16; co-pc-chair of ICSE NIER'15; and serve on ASE conference steering committee.
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Data Sciences and Analytics
- Health Care Information Technology
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
CSC Fall Courses
- CSC 510-001 LEC Software Engineerg TTh 3:00pm-4:15pm Room: 1103 James B Hunt Jr Centenni
- CSC 591-066 LEC SP Topic CSC - Sinless Software Engineering W 3:00pm-5:45pm Room: 2236 Engineering Building 3
- CSC 791-066 LEC Advncd Topics CSC - Sinless Software Engineering W 3:00pm-5:45pm Room: 2236 Engineering Building 3
- Mining Software Repositories Foundational Contribution Award - 2017
- Carol Miller Graduate Lecturer Award - 2016
- IBM Faculty Award - 2016, 2017
- LexisNexis Faculty Award - 2015, 2016, 2017
- Laboratory for Analytical Science funding - 2017, 2018
- Software Engineering Institute Research grant - 2016