Steffen Heber has a joint appointment between the Department of Computer Science and the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences to support the Bioinformatics Research Center at NCSU. His research interests are Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- Advanced Learning Technologies
- Algorithms and Theory of Computation
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Data Sciences and Analytics
- Graphics, Human Computer Interaction, & User Experience
- Scientific and High Performance Computing
- 2001 Ph.D. in Mathematics, title: Algorithms for Physical Mapping.
- 1998 Staatsexamen in mathematics and biology.
- 1995 Diploma in mathematics, title: Additive Periodizitaet bei Nim-Spielen.
- CSC 495-001 LEC SP Top Comp Sci - Nature-Inspired Computation wi MTWTh 5:30pm-7:25pm Room: 1227 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 505-651 LEC Dsgn Analys Algorith Room: Distance Education-Internet
- Carol Miller Graduate Lecturer Award - 2013
- IBM Faculty Award - 2008
- One of the “RASS” Top Ten Papers Advancing the Science of Risk Assessment - 2007
- Best Paper Award, ACMSE - 2007
- Faculty Research and Professional Development Award - 2006