Dr. Sarah Heckman a Teaching Associate Professor and Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs with the Department of Computer Science. She is also a three time graduate of the department, and received her Ph.D. in August of 2009. Dr. Heckman received the NC State University Outstanding Teacher Award and the Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award as a representative of the College of Engineering in Spring 2015. She is a member of the Academy of Outstanding Teachers at NC State. Dr. Heckman teaches several of the core courses in software engineering and programming languages. Her research interests are in computer science education and software engineering. As a graduate student, she was a three-time recipient of the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.
Spring 2017 Office Hours (1/9/2017 to 4/28/2017)
- Mondays & Wednesdays noon - 1:00p in EBII 2242 (down the main second floor hallway in the last alcove to the left)
- By appointment (email to arrange)
Directions to Dr. Heckman's EBII 2297 Office
Enter EBII via the East Atrium (the same side as Dr. Adam's office). Take the Atrium stairs up to the second floor. Enter the carpeted lobby through the door on the right. Head straight back, take a left, a right, and my office is on the left.
- Advanced Learning Technologies
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Ph.D. in Computer Science, August 2009
Masters of Computer Science, May 2005
BS in Computer Science, May 2004
- CSC 216-252 LAB Programming Concepts - Java W 10:20am-12:10pm Room: 1221 Engineering Building 2
- NC State Academy of Outstanding Teachers inductee - 2015
- Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award - 2015
- Google CS Engagement Award - 2015