Jamie A. Jennings received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 1995. She then joined the faculty of Tulane University, where she established a robotics lab to continue her dissertation work on cooperative navigation and manipulation with mobile robots. In collaboration with her graduate and undergraduate students, this work included computational geometry, algorithm design, distributed systems, and even topics from compiler design.
She left academia for a brief 19-year stint in industry, first as a Research Staff Member at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Lab, then later as a Senior Technical Staff Member in IBM's Software Group (now called the Watson Cloud division). During this time, she led the creation of several open technical standards as the chair of Expert Groups in the SyncML Initiative, the Open Mobile Alliance, and OSGi.
In August 2018, she joined the Computer Science department at NCSU as an Assistant Teaching Professor, a position in which the primary responsibility is undergraduate education. Her research interests are largely in applications of theoretical computer science.
Dr. Jennings is the creator and primary author of the Rosie Pattern Language (see also the news/blog), a replacement for regular expressions that is designed to be used at industrial scale, where there are (1) many expressions (patterns) in use, (2) high data volume, velocity, and variability, and (3) many software developers involved in a project.
Spring 2020 Office Hours
- Tuesdays 10:00--Noon
- Or send email to request an appointment outside of those times
- Note: Office hours may change occasionally, e.g. due to travel
- Algorithms and Theory of Computation
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
CSC Spring Courses
- CSC 492-002 LEC Senior Design Proj MW 9:35am-11:25am Room: 1220 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 505-001 LEC Dsgn Analys Algorith MW 1:30pm-2:45pm Room: 1231 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 505-002 LEC Dsgn Analys Algorith TTh 8:30am-9:45am Room: 1007 Engineering Building I