David Sturgill received his Ph.D. in computer science from Cornell University in 1996. He received his master's degree from Cornell in 1993 and a BS in Computer Science and Mathematics from the University of South Carolina in 1989.
David Sturgill was an assistant and associate professor at Baylor University from 1996 to 2010. He was a visiting associate professor at UNC Greensboro from 2010 to 2011 and has been an assistant and associate teaching professor at North Carolina State University since 2011. Professionally, Dr. Sturgill worked at NCR Corporation from 1989 to 1991 and was a visiting developer at BioWare in summer 2007.
At NC State, Dr. Sturgill is the coach of the competitive programming teams. This group meets on Monday evenings during the semester, from 5:20 - 7:10 pm in EB2 room 1203a. This activity is open to all interested students. Dr. Sturgill is the course coordinator for CSC 230 (C and Software Tools) and CSC 246 (Operating Systems).
For the fall 2022 semester, I'm holding office hours both in person and online. To visit in person, stop by my office, EB2 2294, during the office hours below. Students can meet me online by visiting mydigitalhand.org. You can also email me to set up a meeting outside these times.
Monday10:00 - 12:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 - 12:00 pm
CSC Fall Courses
- CSC 230-002 LEC C/Software Tools TTh 8:30am-9:45am Room: 1025 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 230-601 LEC C/Software Tools Room: Distance Education - Online
- CSC 246-002 LEC Operating Systems MW 3:00pm-4:15pm Room: 1025 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 295-001 LEC Spec Topics in CSC - Programming Competition M 5:20pm-7:10pm Room: 1212 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 492-004 LEC Senior Design Proj TTh 11:20am-1:10pm Room: 1203A Engineering Building II
- Carol Miller Undergraduate Lecturer Award - 2017
- Carol Miller Undergraduate Lecturer Award - 2013