Dr. Chenhan Xu is an Assistant Professor of Department of Computer Science in the North Carolina State Univeristy. His research focuses on the convergence of Internet of Things (IoT), Physiological Science, and Smart Health. Chenhan is the receipient of Best Student Paper Award at ICHI 2022, Best Paper Award at MobiSys 2020, Best Paper Award at SenSys 2019, Best Paper Award at ICC 2019, Best Paper Award at GlobeCom 2016, and Best Paper Nominee at ACM SenSys 2022.
Chenhan and his group explore advanced embedded sensing and computing systems to enable high-impact real-world IoT applications. The research involves pioneering advancements in sensing and computing system paradigm, data analytics, signal processing, algorithm, and hardware innovations for Internet of Human-Centric Things by
- Precision Sensing that arguments IoT “resolution”: exploring new wireless and wearable sensing technologies to precisely, securely, and robustly interrogate human physiological information, including noise-immune voice tone [MobiSys'19] and resilient voice biometrics [SenSys'20] , fine-grained heart activities [UbiComp'21] , anti-spoofing fingerprint [NDSS’22] and wearable fine-grained finger tracking [CHI'23] , and authentic body inertia [ICHI’22] .
- Novel Human-IoT Interface that enables extra “bandwidth”: investigating new interfaces between human and IoT through broad-spectrum wireless modalities of human physiological activities (e.g., IoT-heart interface via voice [SenSys'22] and mmWave [UbiComp'21] ).
- Pervasive and Privary-preserving mobile health that have extended “coverage”: exploring effortless, accurate, and secure health monitoring and disease prevention through IoT devices and facilities, including passive medication adherence management of Parkinson’s disease (PD) [UbiComp'19] and privacy-preserving early detection of PD [MobiCom'19] .
- Cyber Security
- Embedded and Real-Time Systems
- Graphics, Human Computer Interaction, & User Experience
- Health Care Information Technology
Ph.D. - University at Buffalo
CSC Fall Courses
- CSC 591-027 LEC SP Topic CSC - Cyber-Physical System: Biometr MW 1:30pm-2:45pm Room: 1226 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 791-027 LEC Advncd Topics CSC - Cyber-Physical System: Biometr MW 1:30pm-2:45pm Room: 1226 Engineering Building 2
See my Google Scholar