CSC Senior Design Showcase Scheduled for December 1, 2004
Posters & Pies, a semester-end showcase of senior computer science team projects managed through the Senior Design Center, will be held Wednesday, December 1, from 1:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Talley Student Center on North Carolina State University’s main campus.
Each student team will give brief formal presentations of their project results at Posters & Pies, followed by dessert pies, demonstrations, and poster displays in the adjoining ballroom.
High school students interested in learning about the computer science program at NC State and companies that may be interested in sponsoring a project are particularly invited to this event. There is no charge to attend Posters & Pies, but an online RSVP form is requested to be completed.
This semester's projects include the following sponsored by:
- Network Appliance, Performance Visualization Tool;
- John Deere, John Deere Dealer Job Site;
- Foundry Networks, Software for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks;
- Cisco I, Vehicle Tracking via Inertial Navigation;
- Fujitsu Transaction Solutions (Wake Forest), OPOS Simulators;
- Certainteed Corp. (Oxford), Granule Weight Reporting Software;
- Tekelec I,II, III, IV
- Butler & Curless Associates (BCA), Java-MS Office Interface;
- Richard Laurent, Insulin Pump Therapy Analysis Tool;
- Wake Med, Asset Locator;
- Cisco II, Scene Analysis;
For a complete list of this semester's projects and sponsoring companies please visit the senior design center projects Web page.
The Fall 2004 Posters and Pies is co-hosted by John Deere, a Department of Computer Science ePartner company, and the Senior Design Center at NC State's Department of Computer Science.
Return To News Homepage