CSC Entrepreneurship Connect Social 2019
Think and Do Entrepreneurship with Computer Science @ NC State!
Do you have an idea for an application, but can’t move the idea forward, because you don’t write code?
CSC students, you have the talent, but are you lacking the next big idea?
The Department of Computer Science at NC State invites early-stage entrepreneurs to network with CSC students who can help execute exciting new ideas at the CSC Entrepreneurship Connect Social!
When: Friday, September 20, 2019, from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Where: HQ @ Centennial 1017 Main Campus Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606
The CSC Entrepreneurship Connect Social will provide the opportunity for entrepreneurs to connect with CSC students by providing the opportunity for networking to support entrepreneurial team building around exciting ideas, all while enjoying NC State Howling Cow ice cream!
NC State Entrepreneurship resources will be on hand to discuss how NC State can support entrepreneurial efforts.
We invite entrepreneurs and students to sign up for the CSC Entrepreneurship Connect Social. For entrepreneurs, please note that we’ll only be able to accept up to 30 for due to space. The organizers will follow up with details as we approach the event.
Entrepreneurs (those with ideas)
- Specify a category for your idea (Social Good, Health & Pharma, Financial Technology, and Educational Technology)
- Sign up!
CSC Student Doers (those who can execute)
- Let us know the areas you’re interested in working in by rank order (Social Good, Health & Pharma, Financial Technology, and Educational Technology).
- Sign up!
- Entrepreneurs share your general idea and scope. Students share your skills and interests.
- If you’re interested in continuing the discussion, make sure you exchange contact information!
- Set up a time to meet and discuss the idea further.
- We’ll follow up to get feedback on the event and see if any connections were made!
|12:45p-2:00p||Registration in HQ @ Centennial||Lobby|
|1:10p-1:20p||Welcome to CSC Entrepreneurship Fair Goals, Resources, and Rules of Engagement||Classroom|
|1:20p-1:40p||Break Out #1||Various|
|1:40p-1:50p||Break + Ice Cream!||Lobby|
|1:50p-2:00p||Entrepreneurship @ NC State||Classroom|
|2:00p-2:20p||Break Out #2||Various|
|2:20p-2:30p||Break + Ice Cream!||Lobby|
|2:30p-2:40p||Entrepreneurship @ NC State||Classroom|
|2:40-3:00p||Networking + Ice Cream + Evaluations||Various|
Rules of Engagement
This is a networking opportunity to provide CSC students interested in working on entrepreneurial projects a connection to those with ideas to create multidisciplinary teams and execute on something exciting. Name tags will have dots on them to identify our entrepreneurs and students.
- Please wear your name tags to help make connections!
- All participants are to be treated respectfully by all other participants.
- There are no intellectual property agreements or non-disclosure agreements at this event.
- Please ensure that what you share is appropriate for an open audience.
- Everyone should respect that the ideas you hear belong to the person who shared them.
- Any teams formed from this event should be partners in any entrepreneurial work that follows; students are not free labor and this is not a job fair.
- Any teams formed have the responsibility to discuss partnership/ownership/IP/NDA details as part of team building. The Department of Computer Science is not part of this relationship.
The CSC Entrepreneurship Connect Social is hosted by the Department of Computer Science at NC State. Thank you to HQ @ Centennial for providing the space. Ice cream and refreshments are provided by the Computer Science ePartners Program and the NC State Engineering Foundation.