Sandeep Kaur Kuttal is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at NC State University. She directs Human-Centric Software Engineering lab. Prior to joining NC State she was an Assistant professor at the Tandy School of Computer Science at the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma. She is actively involved in diversity and inclusion through her teaching, research, and service.
Her research is novel and multidisciplinary. It straddles several areas - Human-Computer Interaction, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, End-User Programming, Gender Studies and Empirical Evaluation. She is interested in inventing technologies by studying and modeling both human factors and software engineering factors in the context of programmers' tasks. The primary goal of her research is to empower problem-solving professionals (experts, novice programmers, end-user programmers, and underrepresented communities) by integrating SE activities into their existing workflow without changing the nature of their work or priorities using/inventing HCI methods. Her stature is bolstered by dozens of publications, two prestigious research NSF CAREER and U.S. Air Force Young Investigator (YIP) Awards, two best paper awards (one at an international conference with 3,500+ submissions) and one honorable mention (an international conference with 4,500+ submissions), conference committee memberships, keynote/invited lectures, and nominated for teaching and mentoring excellence. She received a letter from the U.S. Senator James M. Inhofe congratulating her for receiving the YIP award.
For more information, check my personal website.
- Advanced Learning Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Graphics, Human Computer Interaction, & User Experience
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
- Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, 2014.
- M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (with Distinction), Punjab Technical University, India, 2007.
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering, Punjab Technical University, India, 2001.
CSC Fall Courses
- CSC 591-002 LEC SP Topic CSC - Programmer Centered Design and MW 10:15am-11:30am Room: 1226 Engineering Building 2
- CSC 791-002 LEC Advncd Topics CSC - Programmer Centered Design and MW 10:15am-11:30am Room: 1226 Engineering Building 2
National Science Foundation CAREER Award - 2021
U.S. Air Force Young Investigator Program Award - 2021
Honorable Mention, International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - 2021
Best Paper, International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - 2016
Best Paper, International Conference on Global Software Engineering - 2016
First Prize for User-Centered Design, Global User Experience Career Summit - 2014