Pre-Registration Advising Instructions
- For students currently on Co-Op or Study Abroad, click here
Please e-mail Dr. Adams with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Student ID number
- Why you need to be advised via-mail (ex: I'm on co-op in GA, I'm on Study Abroad in Ireland, etc.)
- Which classes you plan to take in which semester (ex: in Fall 2018 I plan to take CSC 216, CSC 226, MA 242, and PY 208/209)
- Any other items that might be helpful (if you'll be working, etc.)
Please also attach a PDF copy of your CSC BS degree audit with no planned classes. There is no need to attach a completed advising planning form.
- On campus students wishing to CODA into or continue in the CSC degree, see below
- On campus students wishing to begin or continue in the Computer Programming minor, see below
Before you see a CSC Academic Advisor during Drop-In Office Hours (No Appointment Needed):
- Review your individual Enrollment Date in your Student Center on MyPack
- "Appointment begins/Enrollment appointment" is jargon for when you enroll; you should plan to meet with an advisor at least 2 days before your "enrollment appointment".
- There is a PRINT button in the top right corner of the Degree Audit Page
- Alternatively, if you are using Firefox you can right-click, choose "This Frame", "Show only this frame", and you will be able to print your full degree audit
- CSC Restricted Electives, including Special Topics, for the upcoming semester can be found here
- Discuss your current and prospective classes
- Decide on a schedule for the next available terms
- Discuss any other inquiries (ie. Graduate School, Work Opportunities, impact experiences, etc.)
- Ask any questions you may have
- Have your enrollment hold released
- Ensure your shopping cart is accurate and there are no other holds on your account
- Press the "enroll" button after finalizing your shopping cart on or after your individual enrollment appointment according to MyPack
- Send an e-mail or come back for advising if you have any questions
- If you wish to contact more than one advisor via email, please send one email to all three advisors instead of three separate notes.
- Alternatively, you can submit a question to our Undergraduate Advising Office via our form.