Dr. Steffen Heber
Associate Professor , CSC/Bioinformatics
2260 EB II
Phone: 919-513-1118 & 3-2726
Web Site Campus Map
Steffen Heber has a joint appointment between the Department of Computer Science and the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences to support the Bioinformatics Research Center at NCSU. His research interests are Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- Algorithms and Theory of Computation
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Advanced Learning Technologies
- Graphics and Human Computer Interaction
- Scientific and High Performance Computing
- 2001 Ph.D. in Mathematics, title: Algorithms for Physical Mapping.
- 1998 Staatsexamen in mathematics and biology.
- 1995 Diploma in mathematics, title: Additive Periodizitaet bei Nim-Spielen.
- IBM Faculty Award - 2008