CSC NewsApril 17, 2012
Senior Design Center's Posters and Pies to be held on April 27th
The public is cordially invited to attend the NC State Department of Computer Science Senior Design Center "Posters & Pies" event on Friday, April 27, from 10:40 am - 1:00 pm.
Project presentations will be held 10:40 am - 11:30 am in Engineering Building 2 (EB2) room 1025 on NC State's award-winning Centennial Campus. Posters and demonstrations will be displayed 11:30 am - 1:00 pm in rooms 3001 & 3002 in EB2. Lunch (pizzas and dessert pies) will be provided. The event is sponsored by Super ePartners, EMC & Tekelec.
This semester, the sponsors and projects are as follows:
- AT&T – Network Topology Discovery for Outage Aggregation
- Bronto Software – R.O.A.R.
- Cisco – Distributed OpenFlow
- Deutsche Bank Global Technology – Game On! Mobile Stock Trading
- Duke Energy – A Power Outage Reporting Tool
- EMC – Backup Load Generation & Analysis
- Entrepreneurs – MetArena – A Metagame for the Thinking Gamer
- Fidelity Investments – A Project Manager’s Dashboard
- Gehringer/Heckman – PackChatter – A Virtual TA
- IBM – Big Data Analytics
- I-Cubed – A Project Management Portal
- Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory – Trust No One
- NetApp – QoS Visualization
- Northrop Grumman – DWATS – Distributed Wireless Animal Tracking System
- Prometheus – Web Key Performance Indicators
- SAS – HTML5 Application Development
- Teradata – SPOTs – Specialized Personal Offer Targeting System
- Transloc – TransitCrowd
- Two Toasters – Stained Glass Viking
- Undergraduate Research – Your Code Stinks! /rfactor/ It!
- Werum – URMC – User Rights Management Configurator
If you plan to attend, please register online at http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/rsvp/posters-pies/ by Tuesday, April 24, so that we may properly plan for refreshments.
The media is welcome to this event.
Senior Design Center contacts:
Margaret R. Heil, Interim Director, (919) 515-6020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Robert Fornaro, (919) 515-7848, email@example.com
Dr. David Sturgill, (919) 515-1986, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media & Corporate Partnership contact:
Ken Tate, (919) 513-4292, email@example.com
Return To News Web Page