CSC 750: Service-Oriented Computing
CSC 450: Web Services
Email address: mpsingh at the-csc-domain
Office hours: TH 12:20-1:30PM plus via email
Office: EB II 2256
: Yathi Udupi
Email address: ybudupi at ncsu.edu
Office: EB II 2261
CSC 450 versus CSC 750
The classes meet together, but their requirements and grading are
CSC 750 is a graduate-level course and emphasizes concepts,
theories, and techniques for Web services at a high level. However,
parts of the course are appropriate for advanced undergrads with a
strong academic record. For this reason, I am offering it
concurrently as CSC 450. CSC 450 students will be graded somewhat
more leniently than CSC 750 students and in a grading scheme that
emphasizes project work more (see the course description). Enrollment
in CSC 450 is limited to CSC undergrads who have a high GPA (>= 3.5)
and who have done well in a course with me or with a colleague.
The links below will give you a flavor of what the course is about.
Not all of the links may be enabled yet. Details will change.
video for downloading or streaming
- Photocopies of slides from class -- with my handwritten
- It is better to take notes yourself than to read photocopies, but
some people like to have the photocopies handy, which is why the
EOL Program makes them available.
- There will be a significant latency in the posting of these
notes, so don't count on having them before any deadline or
News, Updates, and Responses to Questions
- EOL students get NO EXTRA time for any deadlines or exams.
The schedule is designed so that homeworks are due on Tuesdays,
exercise sessions are held on Thursdays, and exams are held on
Tuesdays (except the final). The projects don't have a detailed
dependence on the previous lectures. For the homeworks and
exams, there may be a dependence, but you should be able to
access the previous week's lecture in the intervening four
- EOL students can submit their homework via the Wolfware submit
utility: scanned in handwritten sheets are acceptable.
Alias for contacting the instructor and TA:
- Undergraduate students: csc450-001-sup at the-wolfware-domain
- Campus graduate students: csc750-001-sup at the-wolfware-domain
- EOL graduate students: 750-601-sup at the-wolfware-domain