Getting Started with to the NCSU Oracle DBMS
- Log in to the NCSU Oracle DBMS as described here
- Where it asks for user-name, type in
your-unity-ID@orcl.world (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Where it asks for password, type in your student ID (the
default initial password). There are instructions here
for changing your password.
- It is simplest to edit an SQL script with a text editor and load
it in via start, e.g., as in start foo.sql
- Sometimes it helps to log your session, which you can do via
spool as in spool filename.log
- The SQLPlus help command can be useful. Invoke it as in
help create table.
- To view all tables and views, enter select * from