Back to Courses and Activities of Local Interest
Back to CSC 691D Home
Selected Readings for
CSC691d: Advanced Database Management
To obtain on your own
Systems: Achievements and Opportunities Into the 21st
- Andreas Reuter and Friedemann Schwenkreis, ConTracts - A
Low-Level Mechanism for Building General-Purpose Workflow Management
Systems. IEEE Data Engineering, 18(1):4-10, Mar 1995.
- Reuter's paper in the March 95 issue.
- Dimitrios Georgakopoulos, Mark Hornick, and Amit Sheth,
Overview of Workflow Management: From Process Modeling to Workflow
Automation Infrastructure. Distributed and Parallel
Databases, 3(2), Apr 1995.
- Krithi Ramamritham and Panos K. Chrysanthis, A Taxonomy of
Correctness Criteria in Database Applications.. The VLDB
Journal, 5(1): 85-97, Jan 1996.
To be handed out
- Craig A. Knoblock, Yigal Arens, and Chun-Nan Hsu, Cooperating
Agents for Information Retrieval. International Conference on
Cooperative Information Systems, 122-133, 1994.
In the course pack
- Munindar P. Singh and Michael N. Huhns, Automating Workflows
for Service Order Processing: Integrating AI and Database
Technologies. IEEE Expert, volume 9, number 5, October 1994
- Michael N. Huhns, Munindar P. Singh, and Tomasz Ksiezyk
Information Management via Local Autonomous Agents.
FGCS Workshop on Heterogeneous Cooperative Knowledge Bases,
Tokyo, Japan, December 1994.
- Gio Wiederhold, Mediators in the Architecture of Future
Information Systems. IEEE Computer, 25(3):38-49, Mar 1992.
- Bill Curtis, Marc I. Kellner, and Jim Over, Process
Modeling. Communications of the ACM, 35(9): 75-90, Sep 1992.
- Charles T. Davies, Jr., Data Processing Spheres of
Control. IBM Systems Journal, 17(2):179-198, 1978.
- Munindar P. Singh, Toward
Interaction-Oriented Programming. Technical Report
TR-96-15, Department of Computer Science, North Carolina State
University, May 1996.
- Gio Wiederhold, Peter Wegner, and Stefano Ceri, Toward
Megaprogramming. Communications of the ACM, 35(11): 89-99, Nov